What are cookies?
Cookies are small, often encrypted, text files, which are stored on your computer when you visit some websites. They are used to remember useful information which allows certain functionality within the website to work, for example remembering where you have reached within an order process, or if you’ve logged into a site. Cookies can’t harm your computer. For more information about cookies, please see the websites listed in the related links below.
How long do cookies last?
Cookies last for different lengths of time depending on what they are used for.
Session cookies are temporary and are only stored until you leave the website or when you close your web browser.
Persistent cookies last for a fixed period of time, defined within the cookie, and allow the website to recognise the device again when the user returns to that website on that device.
Information about the duration of cookies used on www.rothiemurchus.net, www.campandcaravan.com and www.ancamasmor.com is displayed at the end of this page.
Types of cookies and how www.ancamasmor.com uses them
Cookies can be categorised by who sets the cookie and also by how the cookie will be used.
Who sets the cookie?
First party cookies – set by the website that you are visiting and can only be read by that website.
Third party cookies – set by an organisation other than the owner of the website. This might be for the purposes of website measurement, being able to watch a video on the site or for the purposes of advertising.
Both first and third-party cookies are set on www.ancamasmor.com, www.rothiemurchus.net and www.campandcaravan.com
How cookies are used?
These types of cookies are used to make sure parts of a website work and that you can use the site effectively, such as remembering certain information on a form when you go to another page before the form has been completed.
On www.ancamasmor.co we use ‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies to:
1) Remember information you’ve entered on our join and donate forms when you navigate to different pages in a single web browser session
2) Remember correct membership or donation values when you have made a payment to us.
The cookies that we have defined as ‘Strictly Necessary’ cookies will NOT be used to:
1) Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
2) Remember any preferences you have set beyond the current visit
If you prevent these cookies you may not be able to use certain features on www.ancamasmor.com
These cookies are used to measure the performance of websites and see how websites are used. We use ‘Performance’ cookies to improve how www.rothiemurchus.net, www.ancamasmor.com and www.campandcaravan.com work and measure our marketing activity. Information that is collected using these cookies are aggregated and anonymous and we are not able to identify individual users with these cookies.
On www.rothiemurchus.net, www.ancamasmor.com and www.campandcaravan.com we may use ‘Performance’ cookies to:
1) Provide aggregated statistics on how our website is used.
2) See how effective our marketing activity is (we don’t use this information to target adverts to you when you visit other websites).
3) Provide feedback to partners that one of our visitors also visited their website. This lets our partners improve their website. We don’t allow our partners to reuse this information for further advertising.
4) Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur and also to improve the performance of the site.
5) Test different page designs on our website.
Cookies we have defined as ‘Performance’ cookies will NOT be used to:
1) Gather information that could be used to target you with advertising on other websites.
2) Remember any preferences you have set beyond the current visit.
These types of cookies allow websites to remember choices you make (eg your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services on the site such as watching a video. These cookies do not track your browsing activity on other websites.
We use ‘Functionality’ cookies on www.ancamasmor.com to: Remember if you have already completed our online survey.
Cookies defined as ‘Functionality’ will NOT be used to gather information that could be used to target you with advertising on other websites
How to manage cookies
Safari (OS X)
Internet Explorer (IE)
Information on how to manage cookies can be found using settings within other browsers, or for more cookie information, visit allaboutcookies.org
You can also manage your preferences for what types of advertising you receive on other websites using Your Online Choices
Note that these links will take you to other sites. Rothiemurchus is not responsible for the information and also the setting of cookies on these other sites.